The Regent, Horsforth, Leeds



The Regent is one of those back street chippies that you just know is going to be good as soon as you set eyes on it. 

I used to visit this area quite a lot a few years ago and was unaware of this establishment until a couple of years ago. A trip to Leeds was on the cards so a visit was due one lunchtime. 

This place fries in beef dripping, I know because the woman serving was on the phone telling the person on the other end of the line when I walked in. 



I had fish and chips and an abundance of scraps all over it.  I had noticed a picnic table outside and decided to ask for the food open so I could enjoy the food then and then. 




The scraps were delicious, of course. Golden flakes of batter with a generous sprinkling of vinegar and salt coated the medium cut chips. The fish tasted fresh and the batter was light and crisp. There’s not much else I can say other than I envy the people that live here. 

Ratings out of 5

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Shop and Service: 5

Over all: 5







Comments