Longton Fisheries, Longton, Stoke on Trent, Staffs


The hand cut, chunky chips showed promise. However, presentation skills and lukewarm food lessened the positive aspects of this meal.


I had the £7.50 special of small cod, chips and a side. Cash only.

Although I asked for the meal open, it was boxed, wrapped and bagged. I then asked for a fork. I wasn’t going to eat mushy peas with my bare hands was I? Wrapping the meal could have held some heat in while I walked to the nearest bench.


The chips were really long, thick, and chunky. If they’d have been hotter than lukewarm I’m sure they would have been delicious.


The from-the-hot box-cod had a limp batter but with some good, chunky flaking, albeit lukewarm like the chips.




The peas were proper mushies and tasty but I would have preferred them not to have been ladled over the whole meal. I’m not sure why chippy servers do this. It’s pretty obvious a fish looks better if presented on top of the peas and chips. Even a fish with a chamois leather batter.


Ratings out of 5: 

Fish (cod): 3Chips: 3Mushy peas: 3Shop / service: 3Over all: 3







Comments