Horestons, Nuneaton, Warwickshire





This is a shop that only came to my attention in spring of this year. It’s tucked away in a row of shops just off the Long Shoot. I arrived one Wednesday lunchtime. It was very busy. A very good sign. 



I ordered the mini special with mushy peas which was served promptly, with the fish out of the hot box. Thankfully it hadn’t been standing too long. 

I sat at one of the tables outside. There’s also some seating inside too. 

It looked like the perfect size portion for lunch and had some bonus “scrumps” for my pleasure. 

The batter had quite a crunch to it but wasn’t too thick. The fish had a great flaking to it. 



The chips were cut medium thick and had a crisp outer and fluffy inner. The peas were pale and tasted creamy. Delicious. 



The whole lot was devoured. Recommended. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Mushy Peas: 5
Shop and Service: 5

Over all: 5















Comments