Fenny Fish Bar, Fenny Stratford, Buckinghamshire





I wasn’t sure if this shop would be open. Many businesses were closed on this Saturday. It was the day of King’s Coronation. 



I arrived shortly after opening, which coincided with a heavy hat being plonked on Charlie’s head. As I sat waiting for my freshly cooked meal I could hear the ceremony on a radio behind the counter. 

This chippy has a very smart restaurant area and it was chucking it down with rain, so it was the perfect place to be. 



After a short while the meal was placed in front of me. The presentation was spot on, with a twisted slice of lemon to squeeze on the fish. 

The haddock was delicious and fresh tasting, in a thin and light batter with some delicate knobbly peaks. The hot chips were pale gold with straight edges, cut to a medium size. The peas were good for dipping the chips into and the ramekin was soon emptied. 







It’s chippies and food like this that reignites my passion for fish and chips. A chippy I’d certainly want to return to one day. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Mushy Peas: 4
Shop and Service: 5

Over all: 5








Comments