Merchants, Stourbridge, West Midlands



I was back in the Black Country again but not for orange battered chips this time. I was in Merchants at Stourbridge.  Somewhere between Gigmill and Oldswinford to be exact. Lunchtime and a special of a mini fish, chips and mushy peas.



I ordered mushy peas here because I was in no doubt they would be the real deal. None of your Halloween Green or tinned muck.





There’s a large park nearby so I parked my backside on a chilly bench and lifted the lid on my boxed food. 


A sensibly sized portion. The peas were definitely the main attraction here, creamy and held their shape. The fish fillet was on the thin side but with a fresh clean taste and light batter. The chips were a tad greasy and unremarkable but I ate them all. 


Fish: 3
Chips:3
Mushy Peas: 5
Shop and Service: 4

Over all: 4








Comments