Fish and Chip Kitchen, Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham



Every once in a while I go to a gig at Nottingham Motorpoint Arena. The last time was probably in 2018. I’d noticed the fish and chip counter there that time and promised myself that next time I went to a concert I’d try them.

Iron Maiden were back in town playing a show that was sort of based around one they did when I first saw them in 1986. This was my chance. 



I walked in and had a wander around the food stalls until I spotted a Pukka pies sign. Fish and Chips were £10.00. Nowadays you can sometimes pay £8.00 from a chippy for mini fish and chips so it didn’t seem too much of a rip-off.

They were busy. It seemed a lot of people like fish and chips on a Monday. Someone was behind a hot box continuously frying fish and adding them to the shelf. 



When the food was was handed over it was heavy. There were loads of chips. Of course, they were pre-cut catering chips. I didn’t really expect anything else. What I didn’t expect were ones that were completely dry. Any splash of vinegar soaked into each chip. 

The arid chips were probably the worst ones I’ve ever eaten. Every swallow seemed to draw moisture from my body! 



The fish wasn’t so bad, actually. Better than some fish and chip shops if I’m honest. It was a piece of skin on haddock and the batter was very light and crispy. That said, next time I’ll go to a chippy before a gig there. 




Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 4
Chips: 0
Shop and Service: 4

Over all: 2






Comments