Pete's Chippy, Grenoside, Sheffield, South Yorkshire

 


I hadn’t planned to eat chips on this day. In fact I hadn’t planned lunch at all. What a surprise it was for my nose to be met by the smell of a chippy and lo! there was Pete’s!


A modest-looking, petite and attractive, old-fashioned, local chip shop with a promising queue outside. 
I had a lunchtime meal of cod, small chips, and small peas. Total £7.40.




The village green is nearby, so I went and found a seat in the sun to marvel at the sight before me.






My food was perfectly delicious. A lovely, knobbly crisp batter encasing some chunky flakes of firm, fresh cod which fell apart easily as I pronged my fork into it.





The chips were daintily cut, soft and flavoursome. Melt in the mouth like a soft potato kiss. The mushy peas were divine. Undyed with some marrow fat marvels that held their shape. 






My meal was sensibly portioned so there was no waste. Just as well because I wanted to eat every last crumb.


Note: The proprietors only accept cash. (The village shop across the road has a free ATM).


Ratings out of 5:

Fish (cod): 5

Chips: 5

Mushy peas: 5

Shop / service: 5

Over all: 5





Comments