The Golden Cod, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire

 


In the not too distant past this chippy use to sell mini cod and chips for £2! When I visited the price was £3.50 but still very good value for money.

I fancied a light lunch so mini cod and chips it had to be. Golden Cod is a dinky shop. The staff wear rather nice blue uniforms (polo shirt and baseball caps) with the shop’s logo embroidered on.




The chips were marvellous. They took me back to childhood. Those days when a portion of chips came piping hot and bursting with fresh potato goodness.



The cod was dainty in size but big on flake. The batter was crispy. The fish had been standing in the hot box but not so long as to spoil. I did notice that the regular cod (at £5) looked very tempting too.Golden Cod is across the road from Stanley Park, which is handy for a picnic, but there are next to no benches so I had to sit on the ground. Had there been a seat maybe I would’ve lingered a little longer to look at the grass.Ratings out of 5:Fish (mini cod): 4Chips: 4Shop / service: 4VFM: 5Over all: 4

Comments