Nick’s Plaice, Northampton



I felt like I was immersed in a giant jukebox. The chippy was decorated in neon tubes. I liked it a lot. There was a clock with the shop’s logo in neon , a neon fish and an award for chippy of the year as voted by readers of a local newspaper. 






There was a lunchtime special of mini fish, chips and a side for £4.75. The fish was cooked to order and the meal was  boxed with some tartare sauce and a wedge of lemon. I’d asked for it “open” but someone wasn’t listening and bagged it. 






I sat at one of the small tables outside and tucked into my lunch. I had decided to have curry sauce as it was their own special recipe. It was absolutely superb. It had a sweetness and a spiciness that meant none of this would go to waste. One of the best curry sauces I’ve had. 






The chips were very nice. Chunky and fresh. I had to keep dipping them in the sauce. Unfortunately the fish batter was too thick, so it was very wet inside. It was a real shame that spoilt an otherwise perfect meal. 

Ratings out of 5

Fish: 3
Chips: 5
Curry Sauce: 5
Shop and Service: 4 (Point deducted for not listening)
Bonus for lemon and tartare sauce: 5

Over all: 4






Comments