Frydays, Kettering, Northants


I wasn’t sure what do on this Saturday. So I just bunged myself on a train and got off at Kettering and headed to the town centre. We’d seen this chip shop before on a previous visit, a large building near the bus stops on Horsemarket with a mock Tudor look. 


I took the wrong door. I’d thought about having a sit down meal in the restaurant but it was too late. Never mind, I’d just have mini fish and chips. A friendly welcome and I was glad they were cooking to order. 

I could see the restaurant the on the other side of the counter. It looked busy  so I knew the chips would be fresh. 
The menu was pretty extensive with battered black pudding, pineapple fritters, battered burgers and chicken curry to name a few of the extras. 




Five minutes later I was asked if I wanted them open and then went to sit on a bench near the previously mentioned bus stops. 




It ticked all the boxes. The batter was light and crisp and super tasty. The chips were medium cut and fresh tasting of fried potato. Absolutely delicious. The cod fillet was small but had some decent chunky flakes.

Definitely one to return to for a large cod I think. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Shop and service: 5






Comments