Fish Bits, Doncaster



You may have heard of Fish Bits and how good it is. We wanted to find out long ago. One of us finally made it and whoever said this place was great wasn’t wrong. 






I arrived one Saturday lunchtime, slightly ahead of the crowd. I was politely directed to sit anywhere I would like in the smart restaurant and chose one of the booth seats in time before the place steadily started to fill up. 





I went for the haddock special. As I was eating in I decided to also have a beer.
During my short wait I noticed that most customers were also having the haddock special, the only additional thing they couldn’t decide on was to have bread and butter or not. 

The food looked extremely appetising as the plate was placed in front of me. The chips were hot with straight edges, the fish came in a super light and crisp batter. Why isn’t all batter as good as this? The mushy peas were as good as you would expect at a place that boasts  of serving their “home made” mushy peas. 

It was piping hot so I took my time and savoured every morsel I shoved in my mouth. Noting the delicate crunch of the batter and the succulent flakes of haddock. It was perfect. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Mushy peas: 5
Shop and service: 5

Over all: 5






Comments