Rothwell's, Doncaster, Yorkshire

 


What really struck me about this place was how upbeat and friendly the staff were. It was a joy to be in the queue watching and listening to the customers being served. Rothwell's was very busy and yet the staff seemed to be loving their work without being harried.




I placed my order of medium haddock, chips, spicy curry, and batter bits then sat outside watching Tisha the little Starling picking up flakes of fish from the ground.


Very soon the friendly chap behind the counter called to say my food was ready. His colleague carried my tray out to a condiment table where I salted and splashed my meal with vinegar.




Sitting outside I dove into a heavenly meal of delicious batter scraps, firm and fluffy chips, and haddock that fell apart in white, chunky flakes. The batter around the fish was thin and crisp too.



All was smothered in a spicy Chinese-style curry. 

Everything was all so tasty I had to desist from eating the tray the meal was served in!


Ratings out of 5:Fish (haddock): 5Chips: 5Curry sauce: 5Shop / service: 5Bonus: batter bits: 5Over all: 5



Comments