Fat Tony’s, Leicester



Fat Tony’s seems an unusual name for a fish and chip shop. The shop that previously occupied these premises, Poseidon, had a more appropriate moniker.  
Don’t let the name put you off, though. 





The service here was pleasant on this busy lunchtime. I ordered the lunchtime special; mini fish, chips and sauce. They were cooking a fresh batch of chips and the fish was cooked to order too. Around ten minutes later I was strolling in the direction of Aylestone Recreational Ground, a place I recalled previously eating a lunch purchased at Blue Ocean. 






The batter was light, thin and crisp, surrounding some juicy flakes of cod. The curry sauce was your standard type, sweet and spicy. The chips were piping hot and delicious. 

As I reached Aylestone Reccy, I’d cleared the tray of all morsels.  

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Curry Sauce: 4
Shop and Service: 5

Over All: 5







Comments