Dimbles Fish Bar, Lichfield, Staffordshire

 


I thought I’d get a bite to eat at Dimbles, an out of town chippy in Lichfield. It stands in the middle of a row of shops. You can park outside or take a twenty minute walk from town.





I ordered a mini fish special with curry sauce. The shop prefers customers to order online at busy times. Click and collect takes priority. However, it was a quietish lunchtime on my visit and I was served straightaway without ordering in advance.

Service was friendly and my 'open' order was bagged. I wasn’t charged extra for the plastic bag, but it seemed a waste if intended to be used once for a matter of seconds.





The meal was average fare. The new potato chips were nice but nothing amazing. The curry sauce fairly standard too.



The mini cod had been standing in the hot box and had gone a bit dry and fibrous. 




The batter - which had the consistency of chamois leather - never passed my lips.





Ratings out of 5:

Fish (mini cod): 2
Chips: 3
Curry sauce: 3
Shop / service: 3

Over all: 3



Comments