Chris’s Fish and Chips, Euston, London



I wonder if Alison Steadman and Mike Leigh came to this chippy. There’s a blue plaque on a house on the street facing it. I’m sure they must have been as it’s a very fine chip shop indeed. 




I ordered haddock and chips open. It was cooked to order. The young man serving gave me some complementary sauces and napkins. There were seats inside but I decided to eat outside as it was a sunny day. I decided not to add any sauces as the food itself was so good. 




The batter was light and crisp, the haddock cooked to perfection. The chips were medium cut, also crisp outside and fluffy inside. I shared a few with a fellow Chip Fiend who agreed they were very nice. 

Those damn forks again. A piece broke off. I couldn’t find it, so must have swallowed it. 

If you’re passing this way from Euston to Camden and feeling peckish I recommend you stop off here for a chippy feast. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 4
Chips: 4
Shop and service: 4

Over all: 4









Comments