The Fish Shack, Wigston, Leicestershire




This is a very popular chippy. The queue outside on a Friday at 5pm proved this. Most of the cars in the pub car park across the road belonged to chip shop customers. 




I went for a no frills small fish (haddock) and chips on a tray. They’d already ran out of the first batch of chips so were frying a second batch. 

I watched as the member of staff put plenty of salt and vinegar on the food. This is what I like to see. 


Everything was piping hot and fresh. The chips were pale golden in colour and chunky. Crisp outside and fluffy inside. Straight out the fryer.

The batter was a little more thick than I would prefer but it wasn’t soggy or spongy. It was super tasty. 

It’s not very often I eat all the batter and skin but this was too delicious to waste. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 4
Chips: 4
Shop and Service: 5

Over all: 4






Comments