Nicko’s, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire



I popped into Nicko’s again on Saturday. I was in Melton on other business but arrived at lunchtime. I wanted to eat indoors somewhere and they have a few tables. 


We came here a few years ago but something is different about the place. Not just the new signage. New owners? The food is very good now so I thought it was worth an update. I’d been here last December too on another freezing cold day and had a meal deal of fish bites, chips snd curry sauce. 

On Saturday I pushed the boat out and had a (large) haddock, chips and their lovely curry sauce. 






The staff here are friendly and the food is cooked to order. When we came a few years back (in 2017) the batter was a tad heavy. Today it was very light and crisp. The chips are medium cut and crispy outside with a fluffy inner. I managed to eat the whole lot without any stodgy feeling in my belly. That’s a sign of a good chippy meal. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 4
Chips: 5
Curry Sauce: 4
Shop and service: 4

Over all: 4

Comments