Collin’s Superfry, Gilmorton, Leicestershire



I spotted this chippy van driving along Clickers Way on the way to Hinckley. A quick Google and I found a website that said they visit Gilmorton and Ullesthorpe villages on a Thursday. I made a mental note I could do that the following week. 


The following Thursday I checked the website at 14:56 and they had announced they would be at Gilmorton from 16:00. I knew it would take about an hour to reach by bike so jumped on two wheels and made my way there. It was a glorious sunny afternoon with no hassle reaching my destination on time. 







It was worth it. They were frying small batches so the food was super fresh and piping hot. I had mini fish (haddock) and chips. 

The chips were chunky, long, crispy outside and fluffy inside. The haddock had a lovely thin crisp batter. The flakes came away from the skin with ease. 

I was using a pannier rack as a picnic table. A family walked past and a woman commented “that’s a good idea; cycling and fish and chips!” I had to concur. They were delicious. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Shop and service: 5

Over all: 5







Comments