Bengali Bob’s, Leicester



It was Diwali, so it seemed the perfect opportunity to stroll along Melton Road, Leicester to take in the sights. My intended destination was Bengali Bob’s, a chippy that opened early 2020.


I eyed up the menu. I was tempted by masala or chilli chips. The paneer kebabs also sounded tempting. I had to stick to the usual fish and chips though. 






The food was to be cooked to order, which got a thumbs up from me. 
Around ten minutes later the proprietor said “You’ll enjoy this. Nice and fresh” as he served the food and handed me a napkin. 


He wasn’t wrong. The batter was light and crisp, the fish white and flakey. The chips were piping hot with no hint of grease. They were cut long and flat and held the salt and vinegar well.

This was a bargain for £4.95. The fish was described as small but was more like a regular or medium size. I ate the lot. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 4
Chips: 5
VFM: 5
Shop and Service: 5

Over all: 5












Comments