Ranmoor Friery, Sheffield



I had good feelings about this place after reading some Google reviews. I thought I’d have to visit next time I was in South Yorkshire. 


On this trip I arrived in Sheffield by train, took a short walk and jumped on a bus. Within around 25 minutes I was outside Ranmoor Friary.




The customer in front was buying a big meal for the family. I could picture them all tucking in to their weekend treat. The mini special was tempting at £4.50 but the regular fish looked so tempting I decided to just go for cod and chips. The masked man serving was polite and attentive. This appeared to be a one man enterprise today and he was doing a great job. 




I couldn’t wait as I walked towards a bench along the road, so started eating as I walked. The batter was perfect; thin, light and crisp. The firm white flakes of skinless cod were delicious. The chips were thick, crisp outside and floury inside. No hint of grease. It all tasted very clean and as it should. 

I shall return. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Shop and service: 5

Over all: 5

Comments