Atlantis Fish Bar, Kettering, Northants


I don’t think I’ve seen a chip shop so busy on a Wednesday lunchtime before. This was a good sign. As was the five star hygiene rating sticker. 


There was one chap frying to order. After ten minutes I was strolling along the road to a bench with a “cone” sized portion of chips and a humongous fillet of cod. 




Everything was so fresh. The chips were delicious and seasoned to perfection. They were pale gold in colour, crisp on the outside and fluffy inside. 

The batter was a deep gold colour and light and crisp in texture. I pulled it open to admire the firm white flakes inside whilst protecting it from flying grass spraying from the mower trimming the grass verges around me.

There are some very good chip shops in Kettering, that’s for sure. 

Ratings out of 5:

Chips: 5
Fish: 5
Shop and Service: 5

Over all: 5





Comments