The Chip Shed, Warwick, Warwickshire

 



The Chip Shed has been on our wish list for a very long time. After a prolonged wait we finally made it... and it was worth the wait.



The first thing I noticed on the menu board was ‘The Traditional’ - a fish, chip and side deal for £7.90 with a choice of any fish. The Chip Shed were serving cod, haddock, plaice and sole on this day. I chose my favourite haddock with mushy peas. Some cheerful service, a short wait outside, and the food was boxed, bagged and ready to take away.



I found a spot to open the box of delights and tuck into my heavenly meal. Everything was piping hot and fresh-tasting. The food had been salt and vinegared for me and had the right amount to enhance the chunky chips. 





The haddock had lovely thin, crisp batter. The fish flakes were perfectly steamed and fell apart easily.





The mushy peas had a natural look and retained their moisture throughout the meal, making a great dip for the chips.




As an added bonus I had a pot of zingy homemade tartar sauce. It was a generous portion - the same size as the mushy peas - yet came free with my fish order! Amazing!

A chippy meal to be treasured.



Ratings out of 5:

Fish (haddock): 5
Chips: 5
Mushy peas: 5
Tartare sauce: 5
Shop / service: 5

Over all: 5











Comments