Parrotts, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire




I recall an episode of Hetty Wainthropp Investigates where Freddie Parrot Face Davis was the proprietor of a chip shop. He wasn’t here today. I checked. 




I knew this place proudly stated they served home made peas on the menu so that was a given. I ordered a tub with cod and chips and waited whilst the cod was cooked to order. 

Not long later a slightly over cooked piece of battered cod and some thin chips that were a little on the greasy side were served. 




The batter was a dark orange and noticeably slightly bitter around the edges. A shame because it was thin and crisp plus the cod itself was nice. The chips were nowt special if truth be told. 

The peas were undyed. The palest peas we’ve ever seen. It was more a pale green sauce. I think I found one pea that was almost intact suspended in this swamp of a side dish. They were nice enough. Especially after a splash of vinegar. 

Ratings out of 5

Fish: 3
Chips: 3
Mushy Peas: 4
Shop and service: 3

Over all: 3








Comments