Manor Top Fish Bar, Sheffield



We’ve long held the belief that the best fish and chips are in Sheffield. You can’t beat a mini fish special at a busy lunchtime here. Plus there are so many chippies. We’ve been to a lot and we’ve probably only been to half of them. 


This fish bar has been on our radar for some time. The last time I was in Steel City the tramlines were being repaired or something and trams weren’t running to Manor Top. 

Trams were running today and here I am at 11:17am. Some would say this is too early for fish and chips but there were already folk in front of me. 

The mini fish special was £4.80. I’d be daft to order anything else, although those Yorkshire fishcakes looked fantastic. Just a five minute wait and the meal was served. 


The peas were homemade and undyed and tasted great with a splash of vinegar on. The chips were medium cut, the fish had pure white juicy flakes and had a tasty crunchy batter. Rumour has it they use beef dripping but I don’t know. It was all very satisfying and easy to clear the tray before my tram back to town arrived. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Mushy Peas: 5
Shop and Service: 5

Over all: 5






Comments