Fields Fish Bar, Birstall, Leicester


This chip shop opened around Spring 2019 on a fairly new housing estate. 
It’s situated in a row of shops that serves the estate well. It truly is a good thing that a chip shop is here; having eaten the fish and chips I’m rather envious of the residents. 




They offer kebabs and pizzas as well as fish and chips but this doesn’t mean the fish and chips take a back seat. 

The fish is cooked to order. The chips are cooked separately in vegetable oil from non-vegetarian food, so you can be sure your chips are 100% veggie. 

One of us ordered haddock, chips and their spicy curry sauce. T’other ordered chips and mushy peas. 

The service was spot on and I liked the hat!




The fish was fabulous. I knew it was a good one as soon as I saw it come out of the fryer; a very light and crisp batter. I don’t always eat the skin when I choose haddock but today I had to. Delicious. 

The chips were thin to medium cut. I’m not that keen on thin chips but these were very good. It’s unusual to find chips this thin in this part of the country. 

The mushy peas were undyed and super tasty. Just how we like them. The curry sauce was thick and spicy with a little sweetness.


The whole lot was eaten.

I refer back to the earlier comment about being envious of the residents. On the other hand, I’d be be down here almost every night. 

Ratings out of 5

Fish: 5
Chips: 4
Curry Sauce: 5
Mushy Peas: 5
Shop and Service: 5

Over all: 5

Comments