Oh My Cod, Oswestry, Shropshire



Just a short walk from the town centre is a chippy worth visiting. Situated in a residential area, I went one Saturday lunchtime shortly after opening. 


A poster caught my eye for a hollowed out bloomer that you could have filled with whatever you fancied; kebab meat or chips and a sauce etc. I’ve never seen this before. I wonder if it’s a Shropshire delicacy. 





I had the mini fish, chips and curry sauce special for £3.50. The man serving helpfully added salt and vinegar before ladling some curry sauce on the chips and placing the fish on top.

All were very good, with the chips being nice and crisp outside and fluffy inside. 
The batter was thin and crisp on the flaky fish and the curry sauce was nice and thick. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 4
Chips: 4
Curry Sauce: 4
Shop and service: 4

Over all: 4




Comments

  1. Glad to see you reviewing some Shropshire chippies. As someone from Shropshire, the bloomer isn't a normal thing no. Looks a good idea though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you could try the bloomer out if you are ever near Oh My Cod and let us know what it's like!

      Delete

Post a Comment