Ayston Chippy, Leicester




This chippy is also a cob shop. Seems surprising until on this visit there were customers for both. A bacon cob for one chap and a bacon and mushroom cob for the other who couldn’t decide if he wanted to go vegetarian. They took the small table outside so I did some vertical eating. 


I had small fish and chips which came to over £5.00 and was cooked to order.
I was offered a plastic fork but declined and took a wooden one.  


The chips were new potatoes, cut thin and were a little chewy, as to be expected. Chips cut from new potatoes tend to be either greasy and floppy or slightly overdone. These were in the slightly overdone category.

The batter, although thin, was very crunchy. The skinless fish inside had a very soft texture.

Afterwards I had an odd taste in my mouth that made me think the oil probably needed changing. 

Ratings out of 5:

Chips: 2
Fish: 3
Shop and service: 3

Over all: 3

Comments