Castaways, Nuneaton, Warwickshire


They do orange battered chips! A few years back we came to this chip shop when it was called Fryways. We enjoyed the battered chips there, a delicacy not usually seen this far from the Black Country. Fryways closed and the chippy remained empty for a while. 



£6.00 bought fish, chips and mushy peas. I was asked if I wanted the peas all over the chips. I opted for just on the side.




I was pleased to discover the chips were as good as before and the peas weren’t bad either even though they looked a tad green. 

The fish had been cooked to order and had a nice thin and crisp batter. 

Battered chips are quite filling, so I was rather stuffed after the meal. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 4

Chips: 4

Mushy Peas: 4

Shop and service: 4

Over all: 4


Comments