Ocean Bay, Kettering


Beaming smiles welcomed me as I walked into this chippy. The politeness continued for the whole of the visit. 

There was a sign in the window declaring that the fish here is cooked to order. I went for cod and chips. 


One of the staff put salt and vinegar on the chips then asked if I wanted more when the fish was placed on top.







“I’ll give you a plastic fork and some serviettes so you can enjoy it more and sit inside” I sat at one of the picnic tables. 

The chips were delicious; firm with straight edges and they tasted of potato. Not one hint of grease.

The batter was very light and crisp with no sogginess and the cod was succulent and flakey. I demolished the lot. “Enjoy your weekend!” one of the staff said on my way out. 

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Shop and Service: 5

Over all: 5

Comments