John Dory’s, Quorn, Leicestershire

 
There was a smaller chip shop next door named Quorn’s Catch that we never made it to. We’ve been meaning to come to John Dory’s for ages because of its reputation for great food. 



We arrived one Saturday evening to a very busy restaurant and takeaway. We chose to dine in. I thought we’d be waiting a while for the food to arrived but it came within around eight minutes. Incredible.

We both ordered jumbo cod. This comes with chips, tartare sauce and a wedge of lemon. I didn’t think I’d have room for mushy peas and I wasn’t wrong. Jumbo meant jumbo. 


The batter was super light; you could see the fish through it. Perfect. The flakes of cod were pure white and delicious. The chips were chunky and floury with no hint of grease. With an attentive and polite service and excellent food, I can see this is a place we will return to. 

Ratings out of 5

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Shop and service: 5

Over all: 5








Comments