Joe’s Place, Cradley Heath


Our previous visit to Cradley Heath was to try the famous Black Country battered chips. This time I’m having regular chips at Joe’s Place. 




It was a fairly busy Friday lunchtime with customers already seated at the tables inside soon after opening. 

I kept things simple; mini fish and chips to takeaway. It was such a lovely day outside I preferred to eat al fresco. It seemed the locals were offered batter bits on their food but I wasn’t. Marks down on service for this!

I took a short walk to a small park opposite Lidl and found a bench.


The chips were crisp outside and soft inside. Very nice indeed. The batter on the fish was crunchy and also very nice. One could only imagine how nice those batter bits would have been. 

The fish was portioned chunky and was fresh and flaky. Very decent. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 4
Chips: 4
Shop and service: 2

Over all: 3

Comments