Supreme Fish Bar, Shelthorpe, Loughborough



Ling, of course, is a fish, so it seems apt that this chippy can be found on Ling Road. Today I chose haddock, though, as part of a mini fish special. 

This special; fish, chips and a side plus a choice of either a bread roll or a drink, came at the bargain price of £4.95.

I chose mushy peas and a can of Rubicon. Can you still get fizzy Ribena? 


The fish was more of a medium size, I’d say. I’m glad I chose a drink this time instead of a bread roll, as there was plenty of food on this tray.

There were a couple of tables indoors so I took a seat to eat to the soundtrack of Another One Bites The Dust and Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. 


The batter on the fish was very light and crisp, the haddock was flaky and fresh tasting. The medium cut chips were perfect; crisp outside and fluffy inside and tasted delicious. The peas were very nice also with a good texture. 

The meal was very satisfying. I couldn’t manage all of it, although I wanted to. This chippy certainly deserves the name Supreme. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Mushy Peas: 4
Shop and service: 4
VFM: 5

Over all: 5

Comments

Post a Comment