Georgio’s, Sneinton,Nottingham



It’s a modern looking chippy with several screens above the counter displaying an extensive menu. It was lunchtime with a steady stream of customers. I kept my order simple to fish and chips.

They took my order before a couple of other people whose orders were more complicated than mine.

My fish was cooked fresh and placed in the heated display, seemingly forgotten. The staff then served someone else. Realising his mistake he assured me that “mine would be ready soon”. I’m not daft, I could see the fish. After a couple of minutes my food was boxed. 





The fish was very nice, all the better for being cooked to order. The chips were a tad on the chewy side. 



On another visit by a different Chip Fiend, battered halloumi and chips was ordered. 




The halloumi, chips and a bottle of water came to £5.15. Good VFM as you get three reasonably big pieces of halloumi and a pot of dip to go with it. Choices of dips include ketchup, mayo, chilli dip, garlic mayo etc. (Crucials Sauce). The Chip Fiend opted for garlic mayo. However, a fat wedge of lemon to squeeze over the cheese would probably be an idea worth considering.

The halloumi was very good indeed, with a very light crispy batter. The chips were chewy again, unfortunately.

Ratings out of 5:

Chips: 3
Fish: 4
Battered halloumi: 4
Shop and Service: 3

Over all: 3

Comments