Kimberley Fish Bar, Kimberley, Nottinghamshire



This Chip Fiend wanted to specifically try the Masala Fish and Chips available at Kimberley Fish Bar. We’d heard good things about all the food here but this caught my eye.

I popped in one Saturday lunchtime. It was busy and food was being cooked to order. 
The regular fish and chips here looked very good indeed. It would be tempting to visit again to try that; the batter looked very good. 

I didn’t have to wait too long as the team here were very efficient. I had the food open on a tray and sat on one of the picnic tables outside. 


The chips were medium thick, pale golden yellow and crispy outside and floury inside. They tasted so fresh and delicious. The portion was also generous.




There were around seven pieces of masala fish. Chunks of succulent cod coated in an aromatic blend of spices. I could particularly taste cumin. It really was superb. 

Ratings out of 5:

Masala Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Shop and Service: 4

Over all: 5

Comments

  1. Hi. My name is George and I work at the Derby Telegraph. I stumbled across your pics from inside the Savoy chip shop. Could you please call me on 01332 411999 or email george.allen@trinitymirror.com? Would be good to chat. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment