NEW COD on the block, Sheffield





There's a fabulous little chippy on Commonside in Sheffield.

A short bus ride on the 95 bus from Sheffield Interchange will drop you off opposite the Dram Shop, you can't miss the word DRAM in large letters.
A couple of doors away is "NEW COD on the block". Notice the capital letters. That's taken from the sign.

This fiend has popped in here a couple of times en route to a pub nearby and required a lunchtime snack before drinking commenced.
The window has a list of lunchtime specials proudly displaying prices at around £2.

I asked for mini fish and chips and was asked if I would like peas too, as this was part of the special. I think the price was £2.50. I can't be certain as I handed over a five pound note because I was a little surprised at the bargainous price!

Cheap didn't mean lacking in quality. The food was delicious. Everything tasted so fresh, and the peas had a little bit of bite to them, not too mushy. Everything on the tray was devoured.
I can only imagine how good a larger piece of fish would be from here.





Ratings out of 5:


Fish: 5

Chips: 5

Peas: 5

Shop/Service: 5

Value for money: 5

Over all: Yes, it's a 5!


Comments