Val's Place, Par, Cornwall

 


There are a few chip shops in Par. Val's Place was ideal for my visit as it was on a bus route and open at lunchtime.



I ordered a small haddock, chips and 'spicy curry' which turned out to be Irish curry. It's amazing how prolific this variety of curry sauce has become in such a short space of time. 



The service was friendly and efficient. The owners were chatty with the locals who came in as I waited for my fish to fry. Yes it was cooked to order, and after a short wait I was presented with my perfectly seasoned boxed meal, cutlery and a napkin, and made my way to a bench over the road.

My lunch was just ducky.




The chips were very good. Long and pale golden with straight edges. As you can imagine they were heavenly when dunked into the rich, flavoursome curry sauce.



The haddock was good too. There was a tad stickiness in some parts of the batter but the fish inside was good quality and had tender, moist flakes. 






Highly recommended if you are in the area.

Ratings out of 5:

Fish (haddock): 4

Chips: 4

Irish curry: 5

Shop / service: 4

Over all: 4








Comments