The Friary, Edgerley, Stockport, Greater Manchester

 


Lunchtime on a match day. The restaurant half of The Friary in Edgerley was very busy. Quite a few tables were reserved but luckily for me, there was a small table in the window that was going spare. Just a couple of minutes later and the place was full!





I ordered a haddock with chips, spicy curry and a mug of tea. The tea came first and after a few sips the meal was set down before me.


The chips were fresh and tasty with firm, straight edges, yet not over crisp. Pretty perfect I’d say.




The haddock was in a good, crisp batter, but had no skin on it. It was a tad more overcooked than I usually like, so had lost that texture that really good haddock has when it’s moist and flakey.


The spicy curry tasted like my favourite Irish curry. It was a pity that it wasn't mixed thicker.



The restaurant is clean, comfortable, with pleasant and friendly staff. My meal cost £13.85 and worth every penny.


Ratings out of 5:

Fish (haddock): 4
Chips: 5
Curry sauce: 4
Shop / service: 5
Over all: 4




Comments