Stretchgate Fisheries, Halifax, West Yorkshire







This was my first visit to Halifax. What a lovely friendly place. 

I thought about walking to this chippy but it was on a bus route, so I hopped on. 

I arrived not long before closing time on  a Saturday lunchtime and there were a couple of fillets in the hotbox. I went for a meal deal that included a side and a can of pop. The person serving was kind enough to put my curry in the corner of the box, as requested, rather than ladle it all over the food. Always a bonus to get good service. 

The shop is in a residential area so I found a wall to sit on and tuck in to my scran. 



The fish was portioned quite chunky, it was delicious although the batter had gone a bit soggy from standing for too long. The chips were very nice, cut medium to thick and very tasty. The curry was standard but mixed nice and thick. 

Afterwards standing in the bus stop I conversed with a friendly local but I didn’t tell her I had travelled over a hundred miles just for fish and chips lest she thought I was crackers. 

Ratings out of 5

Fish: 4
Chips: 5
Curry: 3
Shop and Service: 5

Over all: 4



Comments