The Fish Palace, Muswell Hill, London





Here was a chippy in London with near enough prices you’d see anywhere else in the country. Well, apart from the North.  

I ordered a haddock, chips and a Wally (gherkin). I was invited to sit at one of the tables even though I was getting a takeaway whilst the food was cooked to order. 




The outside of the shop was familiar. I remembered it from an advertisement a few years ago for the national census. 


Whilst I was daydreaming about filling in forms a chap called me over. I paid then sat at the picnic bench outside to tuck in.


The fish was very nice indeed. Skin on in a light bubbly batter. Cooked to perfection and very fresh tasting. 



The chips were chunky and there were a lot of them. They were crisp outside, perhaps a little overdone for my liking. The Wally was massive and made a nice change from mushy peas or curry. 



The whole meal was huge and VFM in London. I didn’t quite manage to finish it all. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 5
Chips: 3
Wally: 4
Shop and Service: 5

Over all: 4




Comments