The Codfather, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire



Another epic journey comprising of three buses took us to Aylesbury. This shop looks fantastic with its logo of a cod styled like a 1920s gangster and some familiar typeface. 




I went for the usual mini fish meal and added a homemade fish cake to the order. I was asked if I wanted salt and vinegar, to which I confirmed yes and also requested the food “open.” It was cooked to order so I sat and waited. 

Unfortunately someone had a very short memory. When the food was ready it was needlessly bagged and the person serving didn’t even put any salt and vinegar on! This kind of service is the absolute pits. 



I found a spot for my picnic and opened the box. The food looked great. I stuck my fork into the fish and there was no satisfying crispy sound. The fork sunk and made a concave dent in the soft batter. How disappointing. 





Thankfully the chips, mushy peas and the fish cake were all very good. The fish cake was thick and herby and definitely something I would want to order again. 

Ratings out of 5:
Fish: 3
Chips: 4
Mushy Peas: 4
Fish Cake: 4
Shop and Service: 1 

Over all: 3












Comments