The Princess F&C, Scarborough, North Yorkshire



The Princess and the Mushy Pea. This is one of those shops you might not notice as you walk past, with its understated signage. I must have walked past here loads of times but after a recommendation by someone I know, I went in. 




There was a meal deal of small fish, chips, peas, bread bun and tea for £6.49 which sounded excellent value but today I wanted a bigger piece of haddock. I placed my order and was told I could sit whilst I waited. There are some cafe tables here but I wasn’t dining in. 

After a few minutes I was sprinkling paprika powder as well as salt and vinegar on and walking to a sea view. 




The haddock was nice enough, with a thin and crisp orange coloured batter. The fish inside was nice but I’ve had better in Scarborough. 


The chips were crisp outside. A bit too much crisp and not enough fluff for my personal taste. Disappointing because I like a chip that tastes of potato and these didn’t. I left quite a few sharp bits for the bin. I don’t like wasting chips. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 4
Chips: 2
Shop and service: 4

Over all: 3

Comments