Poseidon Fish Bar, Coventry, Warwickshire



It was a pleasant sunny stroll one 
Saturday morning to Poseidon in Coventry. It looked far on the map but I was there in no time at all. 

“Mini fish, chips and mushy peas please.” “The lunchtime special?” 



The fish was out of the hotbox. There were a couple of pieces there. I fancied some mushy peas today, so that was the sauce. I think it was £6.50, which is good value in this time of rising prices. 

The chap serving was going to wrap it because I said I was going to eat it in the nearby park “or do you want to eat some as you walk?” This I confirmed and I bid him a cheery goodbye. 


My eyes were immediately drawn to the pale mushy peas. I scooped some onto the fork to try some. They were deliciously creamy. The chips were cut to a medium size and were hot and tasty. The batter on the fish had started to go soft due to being in the hotbox. It was a shame as it had loads of flavour and the haddock inside was perfectly steamed and flaky. 





I decided to do a live broadcast on Instagram from a park bench. I hope the viewers were drooling as I tucked in!

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 4
Chips: 4
Mushy Peas: 4
Shop and Service: 4

Over all: 4






Comments