Fishnchickn, Milton Keynes, Bucks



Regular readers might remember how we often “cross the A5” to get to a chippy. We’ve previously done this by bus and bicycle. Today I walked across a bridge. 


I was in Milton Keynes. Shenley Church End, to be exact. I wandered past old school houses and thatched cottages to reach my destination of Fishnchickn.


This was a Saturday lunchtime and the shop wasn’t busy. There were fish already in the hotbox. I ordered a regular cod, chips and mushy peas. £9.58. This was not good value for money for what I got. 






I’d asked for them open and yet I was not offered a fork. I had to ask for one, which seemed odd. 

The fish was more “tiddler” sized than what I would describe as regular. The batter was soggy from being in the hotbox and the fish inside was beginning to go dry. The chips tasted nice but were starting to go wizened from standing. The mushy peas tasted and looked like the tinned variety. 

A very lacklustre affair. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 3
Chips: 3
Mushy Peas: 0
Shop and Service: 3

Over all: 2








Comments