Big John’s Masala Fish and Chips




I’ve never been in any rush to go to a Big John’s until an acquaintance showed me the masala fish and chips they had purchased from there. 





I had assumed the place would serve fries or frozen catering chips but no, they were the real deal and they were good too. So much so I decided to go for a meal. 



Their website boasted the curry sauce was their “secret recipe delicious curry sauce” but alas it was bog standard insipid mixture chippy sauce. It was the only disappointment. 


The chips were a medium thick cut and were nice and hot. Definitely freshly cooked chippy chips and very tasty. 
The masala fish was cod, covered in a very light spicy batter. Not so spicy to overwhelm the flavour of the fish itself. It was delicious and I’d definitely eat this again if I fancied a change from regular fish and chips. I’d dodge the curry sauce next time though. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 4
Chips: 4
Curry Sauce: 3
Shop and Service: 3

Over all: 4





Comments