Robertsons Chips Away, Whitby, North Yorkshire



When you’re in a very tourist driven place you wonder if a chip shop will serve quality food or just average takeaway fodder because they’ve got guaranteed customers. Thankfully Robertsons Chips Away sell fantastic fish and chips.




I went for haddock, chips and mushy peas. The menu was huge. They do all sorts here. The pea fritters were tempting but I just stuck with the traditional. It was cooked to order and after a few minutes I was invited to add my own salt and vinegar plus chip spice! It looked so good. I couldn’t wait to tuck in. 




I walked to the swing bridge and watched it close and open while I ate. The haddock was skin on. Which I prefer. It all adds to the flavour with haddock in my opinion. 


The chips were perfect medium thick with a delicate crispness to the outer. The mushy peas were deliciously creamy. The batter on the haddock was super light and crisp and the fish had an excellent flake to it. 

Everything tasted so clean and fresh. In the end I was defeated with about five chips left I couldn’t manage. 

Ratings out of 5

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Mushy Peas: 5
Shop and Service: 5
Bonus for Chip Spice: 5

Over all: 5




Comments