Fry-Days, Chapel End, Nuneaton, Warwickshire




We’re back in the capital of “hungry” today, Nuneaton. Chapel End to be exact. I’ve long known there were two chip shops here, almost across the road from one another, 0.2 miles if you’re wondering. I’ve already been to Aki’s, today I was going to try Fry-Days.



I wandered in on a Friday evening and asked for a mini fish, chips and curry sauce. “The special?”

It was served up. It looked absolutely amazing. Perfect batter and chips. I waved my card to make a payment. “The card machine’s not working.” 
Ooh ‘eck.  I’m usually prepared for this with a £10 note in case of a cash only till. “There’s a cash machine next door. I’ll put it in the hot box whilst you go.”







I had to make a dash for it before that batter was ruined. 

I returned after a few minutes and it was a little too late, the batter was not the same, unfortunately . The meal was very good overall, a chunky fresh fillet and excellent chips. Yer curry sauce was standard but mixed nice and thick. Next time I go I’ll make sure I’ve got some cash. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 4
Chips: 4
Curry Sauce: 4
Shop and Service: 5

Over all: 4




Comments