Akis, Nuneaton, Warwickshire



Another bike trip to Warwickshire to Hartshill near Nuneaton. 

I’ve passed this chip shop several times on buses throughout the years and wanted to visit. 




The menu here was extensive. If I weren’t having my usual mini fish special it would have taken a while to read through the whole menu.

The service was friendly and efficient. I was asked if I wanted my peas on the tray or in a pot and also if I’d like a wedge of lemon. Lemon included is something we don’t see often these days. 


The fish was out of the hotbox, which contained a fair number. One large fish and five mini to be exact. You take your chances. The proof is in the eating. 
The meal came to £6.00 which I reckon was good value for money as it was a sizeable portion. 




I found a spot in the recreation ground round the back and settled for a picnic in the sunshine. 

The chips were very nice and chunky. Full of flavour.  The batter on the fish was very crunchy. I ended up eating it with my hands lest I break my fork. The fish inside was nice enough but would have been better fresh out the fryer. 




The mushy peas were a lurid “Halloween Green” but tasted nice and creamy. There were a few chips left so I took them home and made a chip butty later. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish 3
Chips 4
Mushy Peas: 4
Shop and service 5

Over all 4






Comments