Norfolk Park Fisheries, Sheffield, South Yorkshire



“Peas are good, peas are good, whoah! These Sheffield peas are good” Lovely!


The signage on the chip shop took me back to the days of Acid House, and I couldn’t get that song out my head. It was a bit of a TARDIS. It looked smaller on the outside. The menu was mostly handwritten and I asked for a mini fish, chips and… then I saw the sign for the special. It included a sauce and a sausage for a bargain £4.70. A check on google later proved that the price had only increased by 20p in two years.  




The staff here were super polite and chatty. Asking how I was and I told them what I was up to the rest of the day. The chap apologised for the wait but it’s no issue when food is cooked to order. 






The peas were potted and the rest of the meal lightly wrapped on the tray for my walk to a grassed area across the road. 

The chips were lovely, made from new potatoes. The fish was excellent, with a light and crisp batter. The peas were spot on. Un-dyed and creamy. This is how it’s done! If you’re ever hungry in Sheffield it’s worth a tram ride out to this place. 

Ratings out of 5

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Mushy Peas: 5
Shop and Service: 5

Over all: 5








Comments