Fleckney Fish Bar, Fleckney, Leicestershire



I know prices are on the increase but last week I had a mini special plus a sausage in Sheffield that cost £4.70. Here it was £7.10 with no sausage.  At that price one would expect quality. 


I arrived one Saturday lunchtime. The service was polite and professional. There was no sleepwalking through the service like in other chip shops I’ve encountered recently,  where the server starts wrapping the meal after I’ve requested it open, for example. He also put plenty of salt and vinegar on. 






The fish was from the hotbox, and that, dear fellows is the issue here. If one is paying £7.10 for a chippy lunch one expects something better. 




I went to the duck pond to have my picnic. The chips were a tad greasy but I have no complaints here, they were new potatoes. They were OK. The curry sauce was very good indeed. Thick and full of flavour. 






The fish had began to dry out. I imagine if this were fresh it would have been good. The batter certainly wasn’t that awful Leicestershire sponge that is found in many establishments. 

A black and white cat joined me. I offered her a piece of the fish and she turned her nose up at it and walked away. 

Ratings out of 5:

Chips: 3
Fish: 2
Curry Sauce: 4
Shop and Service: 4

Over all: 3








Comments