Charlie’s Chips, Chorley, Lancashire



Charlie’s Chips became my chips after a five minute wait. 
This is a very popular chippy in Chorley town centre. I saw several folk walking through and around the market nibbling on chips at lunchtime. I went not long before closing but they were still cooking to order. 





The woman serving asked where I wanted my peas, which is always welcome. I requested them on one side of the tray.

When we were on the way to Chorley I’d said to my fellow Chip Fiend that we would get some good fish and chips here and I wasn’t wrong. Much like Sheffield, these are shops that do excellent fish and chips at great value. 






I went for the mini fish, chips and mushy peas. The peas here are so good, it makes me wonder if the curry sauce is as good. There is a small area for dining in but I had a takeaway. 


It was all excellent, of course. A light batter covering some succulent cod that had good flaking. The mushy peas tasted creamy. The chips were cut medium thick and were super tasty. 

Chorley, you did us proud. 

Ratings out of 5

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Mushy Peas: 5
Shop and Service: 5








Comments